[PlanetCCRMA] rosegarden

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Mon May 1 10:22:01 2006

On Mon, 01 May 2006 11:30:19 +0200
riccardo <riccardorossini76@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello! I'm a new fedora user. I wish to install rosegarden in my fedora
> core 5. I've seen a lot of dependecies to satisfy!!!. Could you give me
> the simpliest way to resolve all the problems?

Well, you're on the PlanetCCRMA mailing list, so I'd assume you're using
the Planet's repositories, except that it doesn't support FC5 yet.  This
makes your options:

1) Install FC4 and follow the docs at
   http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installtwosix.html

         or

2) use whatever repository exists for FC5 and let yum get the dependencies,
   then install Rosegarden.

I highly recommend #1 - using the Planet has made setting up a Linux
based audio workstation a snap.