[PlanetCCRMA] libssl and libcrypto

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Wed Mar 22 15:15:02 2006

Thomas Dybdahl Ahle wrote:
> > Hi, when I try to install ardour from the planetccrma repo, yum tells me
> > that I need libssl.so.5 and libcrypto.so.5. The thing is, that I've got
> > libssl.so.6 and libcrypto.so.6, but yum won't accept them.
> > Is there a way to fix this?
>
> Hi Thomas. Thats odd. Which version of Fedora Core are you trying to DL
> Ardour for? I had the same problem, while using FC4. Had similar problems
> with most of the other packages. Thanx for your efforts!! Ric

Hi Rickey. I've just had a look on FC4. Theres not much on there at the
moment, just Qjackctl, and obviously Jack, ZynAddSubFx, Rezound, Alsaplayer,
Ardour, and Mhwaveedit. The dependencies for Ardour show amongst others,
libssl, and libcrypto, but according to Synaptic these are not installed, and
yet Ardour installed ok. I just opened Ardour and the GUI opens with no
problems, so I presume it works ok. I think that in Thomas's case, it's just
that Fernando hasn't built the FC5 apps yet.

BTW. Mhwaveedit is a usefull app. It plays .wav, .ogg, and .mp3 files, and has
some other usefull stuff. You need to compile it from the .tar.bz2

 source file, and it needs libsamplerate-devel, and libsndfile-devel
installed. To play MP3's you also need Lame, which you can get from
Freshrpms. With apt it's just a matter of uncommenting the Freshrpms repo
in /etc/apt/sources.d/freshrpms file. Then apt-get update, apt-get install
lame. Don't forget to recomment the Freshrpms repo after downloading Lame. I
normally use, and have always used apt, so am not sure of the procedure if
you're using Yum.

Nigel.