[PlanetCCRMA] intallation problem on Fedora Core 5

nigel henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Mon Jun 12 12:06:01 2006

On Monday 12 June 2006 20:23, sam kni wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, nigel.
> That is the instruction page i've been following. I've
> already successfully installed the low latencey
> kernel. And all in all the directions have worked
> beautufully up until the "Installing applications"
> section. Which is where i'm stalled now. In this
> section the commands given are:
>
> apt-get install planetccrma-audioapps
>
> apt-get install planetccrma-audiovideoapps
>
> Which is where i began to have trouble. Is this a typo
> or a bit in need of an update in the in directions?
>
> I tried the same command with yum instead of apt-get
> and recieved the following results, which didn't seem
> to have the effect i expected of installing all the
> programs in the audiovideo package.
>
> [root@localhost mail]# yum install
> planetccrma-audiovideoapps
> Setting up Install Process
> Setting up repositories
> core
>               [1/6]
> core                      100%
>
> |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
>
> planetcore
>               [2/6]
> planetcore                100%
>
> |=========================|  951 B    00:00
>
> planetextras
>               [3/6]
> planetextras              100%
>
> |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
>
> planetccrma
>               [4/6]
> planetccrma               100%
>
> |=========================|  951 B    00:00
>
> updates
>               [5/6]
> updates                   100%
>
> |=========================|  951 B    00:00
>
> extras
>               [6/6]
> http://mirror.clarkson.edu/pub/distributions/fedora/linux/extras/5/i386/rep
>odata /repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Mon, 12
> Jun 2006 18:06:36 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)
> Trying other mirror.
> extras                    100%
>
> |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
>
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> primary.xml.gz            100%
>
> |=========================| 401 kB    00:15
>
> updates   :
> 1239/1239
> Added 59 new packages, deleted 11 old in 4.22 seconds
> Parsing package install arguments
> No Match for argument: planetccrma-audiovideoapps
> Nothing to do
>
> --- nigel henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr> wrote:
> > On Monday 12 June 2006 13:16, sam kni wrote:
> > > When i try to run "apt-get install
> > > planetccrma-audiovideoapps" i get the following
> > > result:
> > >
> > > Reading Package Lists... Done
> > > Building Dependency Tree... Done
> > > E: Couldn't find package
> >
> > planetccrma-audiovideoapps
> >
> > > I'm guessing that the problem is that i don't have
> >
> > the
> >
> > > Planet CCRMA repository in /etc/apt/sources.list,

> [...]

Hi Sam. Ignore the apt-get stuff later on, on that page, as it does nor apply
to using Yum.

I'm not sure how many packages Fernando has made available for FC5 up to now.
To get a GUI interface, similar, but not as good as synaptic, type.
yum install yumex   , and it should install it. The install tab on it will
show which packages are currently available from Planetccrma.

It is not to bad to use. Click on the Install tab, select a package, click on
Add to queue tab, and so on to add further packages to the queue. Then click
the Queue tab which will show you all the packages selected. I'm not
installing anything at the moment, but look now at the bottom right right,
and I think that there should be a tab named process queue. Clicking on this
should install the packages.

I don't know if Fernando has all the audiovideoapps packaged yet, as an
install. Probably not.

I'm trying to get used to working with Yum on FC5, and don't like it. I've
been using Apt since FC1, and was always happy with it . The biggest problem
for me is Yumex. Being on dialup, it is very slow to set itself up.

Anyway. Enough of my complaints. see how you get on with the installs and post
back.

Nigel.