[PlanetCCRMA] new kernels for fc4/fc5

Bert Visser bourdon@kabelfoon.net
Fri Jul 28 09:54:01 2006

> Hi Bert. I've Just updated the kernel, and associated kernel-modules-alsa
> packages, then, yum install kernel-devel, and got that too. But. I'm using
> both Yum, and Apt.  I use Apt for all the Fedora stuff, core, updates, and
> extras, and use Yum just for planetccrma.  It means setting all the Fedora
> repos in Yum to "enabled=0", including planet-extras if thats enabled, but
> works ok for me.
>
> Apt, and synaptic are available from extras, and Apt only has repos for core,
> updates, and extras.  Whereas Yum has more repos available. I havn't yet
> looked to find out if the other repos are available for Apt too.
>
> Anyway that's my workaround, for what it's worth.
>
> Nigel.

Hello Nigel,

I also have installed Apt but so far every time I used it for something
it gives me some sort of script error after downloading and upgrading
stuff and I end up with multiple versions installed. Since Fernando has
gone the "yum way" I decided to do so too and leave Apt et all behind. I
prefer to make music in stead of spending way too much time looking into
some sort of configuration problem (which I problably won't  be able to
solve anyway).
I'm sure the seemingly missing kernel-devel package will come up any
time soon now via yum so I'll just wait and see. Anyway, I'm on vacation
the next two weeks so there's nothing urgent here. :-)

Greetings,
Bert