[PlanetCCRMA] new kernels for fc4/fc5

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Thu Jul 27 13:17:01 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 22:02, Bert Visser wrote:
> > Hi. Fernando has put an updated version of Yum on the planetccrma repo.
> > Update it, and in /etc/yum.conf, add the line.
> > oldpackage=1
> >
> > I havn't tried this yet, but presume it works, and you should be able to
> > install earlier kernel packages now.
> >
> > Nigel
>
> I tried it this morning and the strange thing was that it didn't work
> when using Yumex (the same error about the kernel being older than the
> installed one) but it did work from the command line.
>
> BTW, it installed the 2.6.16-1.2080.16.rrt kernel. Is this correct, I
> mean is this the latest one?
>
> Greetings,
> Bert

Yes. Thats the correct kernel.  I've just checked Fernando's previous post. I
must say I'm not too impressed with Yumex compared to Synaptic, the GUI for
Apt.  Synaptic is pretty much tied in with Apt, but Yumex seems to work a bit
independant of Yum, which probably explains why you were still getting
problems with it.

Nigel.