[PlanetCCRMA] thanks for Planet CCRMA!

Hector Centeno-Garcia h.centeno@sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 21 18:43:02 2006

After some struggling configuring basic things in FC5 I finally started
to test the music and audio side of it. I found very good performance,
much better than my previous Ubuntu install using my own custom kernel
with RT patches. The cpu seems much more efficient using Csound and
everything seems to be very stable and fast. I used CCRMA before, when
FC2 came out, and then left to use Ubuntu Breezy. Ubuntu has great
usability and lots of things are auto-configured out-of-the-box, but the
low-latency audio is still something left to the user to solve. FC5
still lacks a lot in the auto-configuration part but we have the
blessings of Planet CCRMA! One of these days we will have both in one
Linux distro.

Thank you Fernando! And thanks to the CCRMA community too!

Hector.