[PlanetCCRMA] question regarding sound cards. . . .

Brian Heinrich manager@ckxu.com
Tue Jul 11 10:58:39 2006

--------------010609060400010409080507

We're looking at up-grading the sound card in the computer in our on-air
booth.  (Our current generic consumer card has the standard 3.5 mm
output; someone made a patch for it and split and tinned the ground so
that there's a ground on each side of the input.)

Three cards are currently in the running:

    * Echo Audio MiaMIDI 24-96;
    * M-Audio Audiophile 192;
    * M-Audio Audiophile 2496.

The Audiophile 2496 is definitely supported by ALSA, and the MiaMIDI
appears to be, but it seems as though the Audiophile 192 might not be.

Does anyone know how well the MiaMIDI and Audiophile 192 might be supported?

Does anyone have experience with any of these cards? -- We're
particularly interested in the MiaMIDI and the Audiophile 192, as they
have balanced outputs.

/b.

--
Brian Heinrich <manager@ckxu.com>  *  Station Manager  *  CKXU 88.3 FM
[office] 403.329.2180  *  [cell] 403.331.9122  *  <http://ckxu.com/>

Showcasing, enhancing, and promoting southern Alberta's diversity.

--------------010609060400010409080507

begin:vcard
fn:Brian Heinrich
n:Heinrich;Brian
org:CKXU Radio Society
adr:;;SU162 4401 University Drive;Lethbridge;AB;T1K 3M4;CANADA
email;internet:manager@ckxu.com
title:Station Manager
tel;work:1 (403) 329 2180
tel;fax:1 (403) 329 2224