[PlanetCCRMA] jackd and two Delta1010 cards

Bob Wilkinson wilkinson.bob@comcast.net
Mon Jul 10 19:16:05 2006

The site that I ended up following was this link:

www.sound-man.co.uk/linuxaudio/ice1712multi.html

In essence, the procedure was:

(1)  Link the wordclocks of the sound cards, either via BNC wordclock or S/PDIF
(2)  Patch JACK to accept MMAP COMPLEX (biggie, hopefully will be integrated into JACK soon - this is easily goofed up)
(3)  re-link your libjack.so file to the new one created (see the above link)
(4)  Create your asound.conf (asoundrc) file, creating your bound virtual card.
(5)  Using envy24control, sync the cards so that all the cards are working from the same wordclock.
(6)  If you want to use all outputs and inputs in duplex mode, you will currently have to patch alsa-lib files.  I didn't do it, because I only need two outputs (I'm more interested in inputs - so I just used the HW:0 outputs with my "multi_input" card. (hopefully this will be fixed in the ALSA libraries as well so that this isn't necessary)
(7)  Restart all the modules.
(8)  Start the JACK daemon by command line "jackd -d ALSA -C *input_name_here* -P *playback_name_here*
(9)  Control of JACK can now be done using qjackctl (NOT start - it must be done by command line), and all other programs just work.

I'm sure this will develop over time and become much more user friendly as more people deal with this - I hope to come up with more time to hone it (and can search the web for more user friendly methods of these procedures) and will find a place to publish anything I find so others can either use it or maybe implement it into the main packages so it is easy for others.

I really didn't develop anything here, other than finding what others have done.

From: "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@gmail.com>