[PlanetCCRMA] yum or apt-get for install apps on fc5

Mon Jul 10 10:32:16 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 11:58 -0500, tom poe wrote:
> OK. Which apps do you recommend?  I'm interested right now in:
> alsaplayer
> Rosegarden4
> audacity
> cinelerra
> jack
> vkeyboard
> recommended synthesizer

cinelerra/ffmpeg you'll have to get from freshrpms.

Synths? There's a bunch, depends on what you want to do. Zynaddsubfx is
a good one. You can see what's really available by surfing to:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/5/i386/repodata/

You could also use "yumex" for a gui view into yum...
-- Fernando