[PlanetCCRMA] Quick kernel help please

Tracey Hytry shakti@bayarea.net
Sun Jul 9 04:33:33 2006

Here are some of my yum setup files with a few extras added.

yum.conf:

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
keepcache=1
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
# pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
metadata_expire=1800
# throttle=40k

(be sure pkgpolicy=newest is commented out)
(the "throttle" line I use to keep from maxing the pipe here when others are online)
(I also have "keepcache" set to be able to archive the downloaded rpms,
 which I use to upgrade another machine(use "yum clean packages" to clean up /var))

yumex.conf:

[yumex]
autorefresh = yes
filelists = no
recentdays = 14
autocleanup = no
proxy =
exclude =
debug = no
mirrordetection = default
nofastestmirror = 0

(making "filelists = yes" will give you a lot more info when using the yumex gui,
 but it will also take forever to load the headers and other things when starting)

The files in "/etc/yum/pluginconf.d" are pretty much untouched with installonlyn.conf
edited to "enabled=0"

Tracey.