[PlanetCCRMA] more questions. . . .

Brian Heinrich manager@ckxu.com
Sun Jul 2 16:50:03 2006

--------------090208000106060302000208

On 07/01/2006 09:34 PM (-0600 UTC), Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-07-01 at 16:22 -0600, Brian Heinrich wrote:

<snip />

>> 3.  While I'm more interested in Ardour than Audacity, that seems to be
>> the one most people are interested in -- perhaps because they know it
>> 'cos it has some penetration in the Windows world.  However, Audacity
>> takes about 10 seconds to launch (as opposed to Ardour's two seconds)
>> and there's about a three-second delay between pressing play and getting
>> playback.  Is this something that could be addressed through oss2jack?
>>

> Depending on which version of audacity you have it may have alsa
> support, if it has it it should show up in the preferences menu.

Audacity v. 1.2.3.

--
Brian Heinrich <manager@ckxu.com>  *  Station Manager  *  CKXU 88.3 FM
[office] 403.329.2180  *  [cell] 403.331.9122  *  <http://ckxu.com/>

Showcasing, enhancing, and promoting southern Alberta's diversity.

--------------090208000106060302000208

begin:vcard
fn:Brian Heinrich
n:Heinrich;Brian
org:CKXU Radio Society
adr:;;SU162 4401 University Drive;Lethbridge;AB;T1K 3M4;CANADA
email;internet:manager@ckxu.com
title:Station Manager
tel;work:1 (403) 329 2180
tel;fax:1 (403) 329 2224