[PlanetCCRMA] How-To Audition?

David Slimp rock808@gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 14:42:01 2006

Well, as the online wiki says... Auditioning is a good thing.
And it's suggested reading how to set this up before getting
"confused and then irritated"... well, I guess I'm just about
to the irritated phase, so thought I'd write in. :)

Perhaps since it's so important, there should be SOME
little bit on how to do this in Ardour?  .. on the wiki?

Anyway... I've hooked my guitar in to the Line-In of
my sound card.  From the Ardour Mixer I can see that
track 3 show a good "input" level coming in.  When
the transport is stopped, then I hear my playing over
the speakers very loudly.  When I'm in play-mode, the
guitar is barely heard.

I also noticed that if I click on the "pre" and "post" buttons
on the mixer for my guitar track, then those show NO
volume level at all!  -- when the other tracks are playing,
but show full volume levels when I press STOP.

What else do I need to do?
Thanks!

David

--
David Slimp
rock808@gmail.com

"On proprietary platforms, eventually you'll run into 'you can't do that.'
 On open platforms, you'll run into 'you have to learn more to do that.' "
 -- Ian Smith-Heisters