[PlanetCCRMA] devel libraries problem

PMG p_m_groarke@yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 24 21:37:01 2006

--- Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 11:37 -0500, PMG wrote:
> > Hello! I've been using CCRMA for a while now, and
> had
> > some questions to ask. I've recently had problems
> when
> > building programs from source. Some developement
> > packages aren't provided for some libraries (like
> > libsndfile, which I had a great head-ache to
> install,
> > but finally succeeded :). I was wondering if
> there is
> > a way to get around building programs that require
> > such dev-libraries that aren't provided?
>
> In general all development libraries are provided,
> they are just not
> installed by default. For example, you may have
> "libsndfile" but if you
> want to build programs using it you have to do this
> as well:
>
>   apt-get install libsndfile-devel
>
> That will bring all the necessary stuff...
> Look for a missing "-devel" package if you hit this
> in the future.
> -- Fernando

Hello, here is an example. I want to build beast from
source. I need the libmad-devel package. I do: "yum
search libmad" which gives me this:

madplay.i386
0.15.2-0.lvn.1.b.3     livna-stable

libmad-devel.i386
0.15.1-0.lvn.1.b.3     livna-stable
Matched from:
libmad-devel

libmad.i386
0.15.1-0.lvn.1.b.3     livna-stable
Matched from:
libmad

libmad.i386
0.15.1b-3.rhfc3.ccrma  installed
Matched from:
libmad

And here is the problem, when I try to install the
devel package, it says I don't have libmad.i386
0.15.1-0.lvn.1.b.3. This is normal since I've got the
CCRMA version (0.15.1b-3.rhfc3.ccrma) installed. I
can't install the other version either so... dunno
what to do, please help.

Thanx, PMG.