[PlanetCCRMA] crashes and repository questions

Brandon Simmons brandon.m.simmons@gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 15:51:01 2006

Hi,
I have been having problems with ardour and various other audio apps
freezing my machine under a fresh minimal install of fedora core 3 and
ccrma on my laptop. After finding this mailing list and the ccrma
changelog, it seems some of the packages and kernel I'm using are not
the most recent versions, yet apt-get seems to think everything is up
to date. Here are the repositories that I am using:

/---------------\
# rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/ fedora/3/i386 planetedge
rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/ fedora/3/i386 core updates
rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/ fedora/3/i386 planetccrma
rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/ fedora/3/i386 planetcore
\----------------/

when I added the edge repository it gave me a few updates but wanted
to downgrade the kernel to solve dependencies? This is my kernel
version:

2.6.11-0.3.rdt.rhfc3.ccrmasmp

I know I'm missing something that I'm sure is obvious but I've had no
luck trying to figure this out on my own. Hopefully everything will
work once the machine is up to date. Sorry if this is a stupid
question.

Thanks for your help,
Brandon