[PlanetCCRMA] Q: How to select files in GNOME?

Jan Depner eviltwin69@cableone.net
Wed Jan 4 17:05:02 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 17:31 -0700, D. R. Evans wrote:
> Jan Depner said the following at 2006-01-04 15:04 :
>
> >     I missed the first parts of this thread so you may have already
> > tried this but you should be able to double click on the directory of
> > choice in the left hand menu and it should descend into the directory.
> >

> Yeah, that's I thought was the intuitive behaviour. But when I do that
> _absolutely nothing happens_.
>
> Also absolutely nothing happens if I manually enter a path in the little
> text thingy and then press "Enter".
>
> So it seems like mysteriously something is broken. But how do I fix it?
> Having got the real-time kernel to work, I really don't want to rip CCRMA
> off the box and re-install Mandriva now.
>
> Everything _seems_ to be working perfectly, except for the GNOME
> file-selection dialogues. But if they're broke, maybe other stuff is broken
> too and I just haven't tripped over it yet.

    That's weird.  I'm running FC4/Planet CCRMA on an Athlon 64.  I
normally use KDE but I brought up GNOME and had no problems with the
file selection boxes.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744