[PlanetCCRMA] Q: How to select files in GNOME?

D. R. Evans doc.evans@gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 16:32:01 2006

Jan Depner said the following at 2006-01-04 15:04 :

>     I missed the first parts of this thread so you may have already
> tried this but you should be able to double click on the directory of
> choice in the left hand menu and it should descend into the directory.

Yeah, that's I thought was the intuitive behaviour. But when I do that
_absolutely nothing happens_.

Also absolutely nothing happens if I manually enter a path in the little
text thingy and then press "Enter".

So it seems like mysteriously something is broken. But how do I fix it?
Having got the real-time kernel to work, I really don't want to rip CCRMA
off the box and re-install Mandriva now.

Everything _seems_ to be working perfectly, except for the GNOME
file-selection dialogues. But if they're broke, maybe other stuff is broken
too and I just haven't tripped over it yet.

   Doc