[PlanetCCRMA] moving PlanetCCRMA to Fedora Extras?

Mon Feb 27 09:28:01 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 10:11 -0500, Paul Coccoli wrote:
> On 2/26/06, Florin Andrei <florin@andrei.myip.org> wrote:
> > [MUNCH]
> > Of course, a small number of packages may never migrate - things such as
> > custom kernels. But that's OK, since those don't add essential
> > functionality, they just enable convenient aspects.
> > There are also packages with questionable licenses that will never be
> > approved by Extras, but there's already a plethora of repos already
> > taking care of all those packages and more.
> >
> > Well, I'm stepping down from the soapbox now and I'm listening.
>
> Whatever happened to RPMForge?

It's still there.
Whatever I contribute to extras should also make its way to RPMForge (in
fact I wanted to do the RPMForge thing before Extras became viable). The
advantage of RPMForge is that it is not restricted to just the last two
releases of Fedora, it also has packages for, for example, RedHat
Enterprise Linux or its clones, and it could even have packages for
other rpm based distros...

-- Fernando