[PlanetCCRMA] Can't apt-get planetccrma-audiovideoapps-develfor fc4

BJaY BJaY@safe-mail.net
Sun Feb 26 10:02:01 2006

>>> What is exactly the command line you are using and the error you are
>>> getting? It should be:
>>>   apt-get install planetccrma-audiovideoapps-devel
>>
>> Thats the command line I use.
>> I get
>> E: Couldn't find package planetccrma-audiovideoapps-devel
>> also, I get a warning about being unable to get an exclusive lock on
>> /var/lib/rpm/Packages, I'm not aware of running any other install
process. I
>> did a dist-upgrade just before because the above failed because of a
missing
>> fox(?) library. This is all in an effort to build vst. I'm confused.

>There's two issues (or maybe three?)

>a) the problem with the exclusive lock, I assume you are running as root.
>Try, for example, just running "rpm -q -a", does it run and finish? Check
>that you don't have any hung rpm or apt processes that may be using the
>apt database. If there are no processes then maybe you exited improperly
>from rpm (or it crashed badly), check to see what you have in:
>   ls -l /var/lib/rpm
>if you have files named __db.* then erase them.

>b) the problem with the fox library, there is a known conflict with
>freshrpms, fox and rezound (freshrpms has a newer version of fox that
>conflicts with rezound from Planet CCRMA)

>c) not finding planetccrma-audiovideoapps-devel: make sure that you do
>have the Planet CCRMA repositories in your configuration files (maybe you
>commented them out temporarily?)

>BTW, "-devel" will install most of the Planet CCRMA devel packages but
>perhaps not the ones you need. It is a good start, of course.

>-- Fernando

OK, fixed the lock problem OK. I think when I did a dist-upgrade, a new
version of apt came in, and renamed my planetccrma.list to
planetccrma.list.rpmsave, I renamed it back and the package was found. Now
I've got unsatisfied dependancies alsaplayer-devel & fox-devel. I did a full
install of FC4 to try to avoid problems with missing packages.