[PlanetCCRMA] Grub help

Oded Ben-Tal oded@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Feb 25 11:22:00 2006

> (to do that you will have to boot from the fist cd with "linux rescue"
> and then chroot to the mount point of your install).
>
> I vaguely remember a similar problem with my laptop a long time ago. I
> think I did a grub-install --force-lba ("man grub-install") to get
> around the problem.

I ran grub-install. It doesn't, it never finished to return to the rescue
shell (at least not after 3 minutes). so I halted it and now when i boot
the computer I get a screen full of 'grub's ?!

any idea what can i do now?
I hope i won't have to install fc from scratch...

(before doint grub-install i tested the invisible menu option just for
fun, and using the arrows didn't bring up the kernel options. In any case
if this was the problem it would boot to the default rather than get
stuck).

thanks
Oded