[PlanetCCRMA] Thanks to every one for your help and should I stick around on Planet ccrma?

Jan Depner eviltwin69@cableone.net
Tue Feb 21 17:57:01 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 00:19 +0000, Bal Dobe wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for all your time, help and patience with me on this.
>
> As some of you may have seen I have had more than my fair share of grief
> with planet ccrma kernels both on FC3 and FC4.  A few people here have
> been very helpful in guiding and assisting me.
>
> Even though I have not been totally successful at installing the ccma
> apps and Kernel someone here did direct me to ubuntu and this led me to
> install Kubuntu and KubuntuAMD64 kernels.
>
> I am now on my way to setting up my system and the learning experience
> here has been very useful indeed.  At one stage I really was wondering
> if I had made a mistake in coming over to linux!
>
> My possible last question is: should I stick around here any more.  I am
> not going to be running a ccrma kernel since I will be using a/demudi
> based system so would my time here really be spent wisely?

    It couldn't hurt.  There are a lot of things posted on this list
that aren't specific to FC.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744