[PlanetCCRMA] Re: FC3 ccrma runs very very slow.

Bal Dobe baldobe2000@yahoo.de
Mon Feb 20 15:12:02 2006

One caveat is that for realtime schedulling access as a normal non-root
user
you will need to either install the Planet CCRMA version of "pam" (part
of planetcore, pam-0.79-9.6.2.rhfc4.ccrma),

How do |I do this Fernando?

or

"edit /etc/security/limits.conf to give everyone (or a group) access to
realtime priority. The relevant part of Planet CCRMA's configuration is:

*               -       rtprio          99
*               -       nice            -10
*               -       memlock         4000000"

Here is my limits.conf file but what are the changes that I need to make
to enable an ordinary user to have root privelages so that the audio
apps can be run in real time?

"What hardware do you have? It may be too new for proper support by the
linux kernel and that's why you are getting so much grief from it."

Will get back to you on this one but it all was bought around Nov 2004
and was very new then.