[PlanetCCRMA] ccrma on gentoo

Charlls Quarra charlls_quarra@yahoo.com.ar
Sun Feb 19 03:13:01 2006

--0-2129427553-1140347570=:74106

  Hi,

  I've been following ccrma from a while when i decided to upgrade my RH9 system to ccrma. I don't want to start one of these "my distro is better than yours" thread, but whatsoever i feel compelled to reallly recommend to branch ccrma into gentoo (as an alternative to FC5?). If for anything else, the huge management benefit of providing a source repository and relaxing the need for having to "update" binary packages from time to time.
  Supporting ccrma as a gentoo overlay, would require just keeping up to date a set of .ebuild script files, meaning that ccrma can keep edgy while reducing the burden for the maintainers.
  I know it's not going to happen any time soon, and it's likely it won't happen ever. But maybe if a critical amount of people feel the same about this, it could.

  Thoughts?

 1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
 Abrí tu cuenta aquí
--0-2129427553-1140347570=:74106