[PlanetCCRMA] Can get jackd to run

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Sat Feb 18 15:13:01 2006

On Saturday 18 February 2006 21:38, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 11:35 -0800, rick parker wrote:
> > --- Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr> wrote:
> > > On Saturday 18 February 2006 06:38, rick parker
> > > wrote:
> > > [MUNCH]
> > > Hi Nick. The first thing I notice from your first
> > > post was that the Midi
> > > patchbay was not available. The Midi patchbay has
> > > nothing to do with Jack,
> > > but is a facility to enable Midi connections in
> > > Qjackctl. Run /sbin/lsmod on
> > > the command line as user. The module you're looking
> > > for is snd-seq-midi,
> > > which you will no doubt see is missing. To force
> > > the command line, this time as root, type the
> > > following.
> > > /sbin/chkconfig alsasound on .  The snd-seq-midi
> > > module should now be loaded
> > > each time you boot up.
> >
> > The sound card I'm using, the M-Audio Delta 1010,
> > doesn't have midi, should I still follow these
> > instructions?
>
> If it is the 1010 it has midi i/o, the connectors are in the breakout
> box.
>
> -- Fernando

Hi Fernando. An academic question. I have to load snd-seq-midi so that midi
connections show up in Qjackctl (I'm using Audigy2 soundblaster) . If you're
using an M-Audio Delta 1010, do you still have to load the snd-seq-midi
module, or are all these midi connections handled in the 1010's breakout box?
Just to improve my knowledge. Nigel.