[PlanetCCRMA] Can get jackd to run

David Slimp rock808@gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 14:14:01 2006

Rick,

Once you get qjackctl and ardour running, then:
1) start a new project in ardour
2) add at least one track
3) open the "connections" window in qjackctl (you should see various
inputs/outputs)
4) select the alsa output for where you have your signal from, drag it
to the aurdour input for that track
5) select the ardour master track outputs, drag each to an alsa input
that you have headphone/speakers hooked up to.
6) when looking at Ardour mixer window you should see levels. -- you
MAY have to play around with pressing the "R" on the track to prepare
for recording. you MAY have to go in to the Ardour options window and
UNselect "hardware monitoring". You may have to play with the "auto
input" button on the main screen too.

Good luck

David