[PlanetCCRMA] Re: From zero to DAW in 2 hours !

Bal Dobe baldobe2000@yahoo.de
Sat Feb 18 10:31:03 2006

Did that David and I get the same error.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Slimp [mailto:rock808@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 6:05 PM
To: Bal Dobe
Cc: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano; planetccrma@ccrma.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Re: From zero to DAW in 2 hours !

OH !!!

ACPI ! - duh

edit your /etc/grub.conf file

At the end of the line which talks about the kernel (gives the kernel
version you are booting to) .. add this:
      acpi=no

Then reboot however you can do it an not get an error (if possible).
Now this NEXT time you reboot, you should (hopefully) be able to
use "init 6" without the acpi error

David

http://messenger.yahoo.de

--
David Slimp
rock808@gmail.com

"On proprietary platforms, eventually you'll run into 'you can't do
that.'
 On open platforms, you'll run into 'you have to learn more to do that.'
"
 -- Ian Smith-Heisters