[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA digest, Vol 1 #1612 - 5 msgs

Kjetil S. Matheussen kjetil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Feb 17 12:51:01 2006

"Bal Dobe":

> After I finished loading the sound fonts I did init 6 and hey presto I
> get the Kernel panic - not syncing error.
>
> I loaded up FC4 (NOT ccrma) and I tried to load up ROsegarden. It hangs
> my machine, I had to do a reset to reboot it.
>
> I then booted up FC4 ccrma and tried to run Rosegarden 4 and I get the
> same thing happening.
>
> Rosegarden is the main tool that I want to use.

If this is a new machine(?), it might be faulty memory. (sounds a lot
like faulty memory).

In case its a new machine, try booting the first fc4 cd and write
"memtest86" at the boot prompt to test your memory. (if theres something
wrong, you should see it pretty quickly (usually only after a few
seconds), so don't bother letting it run for days. ;-) )