[PlanetCCRMA] So what Good Synths and Plugins are you using?

David Slimp rock808@gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 21:48:01 2006

Glad you liked my quick tutorial on FC4 and CCRMA.
I'm hoping it DOES help get more newbies started easily.

I would have answered your synth/plugin question, but
I've only been using this software for 3 weeks now, so
those are the same questions I'd have! :)
So far I've just been trying various ones out. And reading
LOTS of old posts.   It seems some of the more popular
ones are the TAP plugins, as well as freeverb/gverb,
SC4.... others escape me at the moment.  Today I found
the Quantizer plugin, and got an interesting grungy sound
for my guitar.  I'd say take 2 or 3 days and just go down the
list playing with several, unless you have a specific sound
you want, then post a question asking for THAT specifically.

Going with FC4 and CCRMA has my full endorsement these days,
so I'd say it's well worth another go to escape M$ Winblows.

I didn't fully understand what you were looking for in the 808-like
drummachine.... but I really like hydrogen for drums.  There are
about a dozen fairly easy to get drum kits, which include 2 808 sets
and at least 1 909 set, as well as other electronica sets. hydrogen
does use sampled wav files for the audio, and you can also
add/change/layer the samples for each instrument.  They have
an online forum at their site as well.  You might ask more questions
over there, but it can probably do what you're looking for.

I don't know anything about midi automation, sorry.

David

--
David Slimp
rock808@gmail.com

"On proprietary platforms, eventually you'll run into 'you can't do that.'
 On open platforms, you'll run into 'you have to learn more to do that.' "
  -- Ian Smith-Heisters