[PlanetCCRMA] kernel questions

Tom Poe tom@studioforrecording.org
Mon Feb 13 23:35:02 2006

Hello:  I used apt-get for the core-edge on my new FC4 install.  When I
rebooted, I did not see two kernels listed.  I checked:
$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 #1 Thu Jun 2 22:55:56 EDT
2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[tom@localhost ~]$

The CCRMA site shows 2.6.10-2.1.ll as the low-latency kernel that's most
stable, and 2.6.10-0.1.rdt bleeding edge?  I'm guessing both of those
are older than what I'm running, and that is why neither one of them
shows when I start up the computer?  Is the kernel I have loaded,
considered the low-latency kernel I want to use for recording?
Thanks, Tom