[PlanetCCRMA] advice on upgrade from fc1 to fc4 request

Tom Poe tompoe@studioforrecording.org
Sat Feb 11 23:34:16 2006

--------------030507080209090601050704

Fernando:  Little delay at this end.  Managed to get some time, and ran
rpm -e apt-devel synaptic planetccrma-audioapps
planetccrma-audiovideoapps

Then installed apt successfully, updated the sources.list and ran
apt-get update

I have three packages that are duplicated:
librsvg2
glibc
gstreamer-plugins

Personally, I'd like to run a command to see a list of all duplicated
packages.  I'm thinking that would then let me run an rpm command that
would remove the old package, leaving the newer package.  But, before I
ask your help to figure out what the commands are, can I ask what you
recommend?  There's some question in my mind, that if I remove them, I
might cripple the system altogether, and not be able to fix it so
easily.  Any help appreciated.
Thanks, Tom
--
94% of returning troops suffer trauma
Open Studios, Charles City, Iowa, USA

--------------030507080209090601050704

begin:vcard
fn:Tom Poe
n:Poe;Tom
org:Open Studios
adr:;;510 15th Avenue;Charles City;IA;50616;USA
email;internet:tompoe@studioforrecording.org
title:Director
tel;work:641-228-3271
tel;home:641-228-3271