[PlanetCCRMA] MIDI provider from Java applications to JACK?

Mark Knecht markknecht@gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 11:13:00 2006

On 2/10/06, Paavo Nieminen <nieminen@cc.jyu.fi> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> My first appearance on a mailing list (been shy...) is, surprise, a
> request for help:
>
> I look for what I think is called a "provider class" that allows a
> Java-based MIDI application (e.g., a SysEx librarian) connect to the
> sequencer system similarly to anything else that can be seen in the
> MIDI Connections view of qjackctl...
>
> It seems like a trivial task, so I guess I've been googling in
> the wrong places. Whatever I find seems to want to connect directly
> to the soundcard MIDI ins and outs, not the JACK connections thingy.
>
> Can anybody provide a pointer impromptu?
>

> --
>   Paavo Nieminen  <nieminen@cc.jyu.fi>
>   Beyond progressive: http://www.portraitofbeyond.com/

Hi Paavo,
   Welcome!

   Are you using QJackCtl? If you've tried it can you explain what
it's MIDI connection pane doesn't support for you?

   I find that for the apps that are sort of weak in terms of doing
connections that QJC's MIDI pane provides all the connection
capabilities I need.

   Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mark