[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Snd/Csound etc

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Feb 8 04:58:02 2006

If "exclusively with Snd" includes emacs and other such programs, there
are lots of examples in the Snd tarball.  All of my old pieces can be regenerated
from the notelist and instrument definitions, using just Snd -- tunes.tar.gz
at the ccrma ftp site (but these were actually done originally with various predecessors
of Snd such as Sambox and Pla).  We've talked about a site for music done
with Snd, Clm, etc, but nothing has come of it.

Snd fully incorporates CLM and can be used as a user-interface to it, so
there's no limit on what you can do with sounds.  It is certainly not limited
to editing sounds made elsewhere.  It can also incorporate Rick Taube's
Common Music, so even very complicated compositional algorithms
can be handled (not to mention writing your own directly in Scheme or Ruby).
Is it cecilia that provides a GUI to Csound? Perhaps that is a closer analogy.