[PlanetCCRMA] SB Live (ca0106) and hundreds of xrun messages

David Slimp rock808@gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 21:41:00 2006

Thanks, Fernando...

I think I had several issues (and still may have more soon),
but your suggestions got me to try a few more things.

I finally ended up with qjackctl settings of
 Frames/Period = 512
 Sample Rate = 48000
 Periods/Buffer = 3
 Audio = Playback only (BIGGEST FACTOR)

giving me a latency of 32msec
and qjackctl messages like:
        load = 6.4089 max usecs: 682.000, spare = 9984.000

I have no idea if this is good or not, but at least I'm now
able to play a song with hydrogen and use my external
midi keyboard and qsynth.

I'm now mostly worried what the "playback only"
is going to mean for me.

Next test will be to see what I can do with ardour,
and rosegarden (which I've never been able to get
working due to "rosegarden can't start sequencer").

thanks again,
David