[PlanetCCRMA] SB Live (ca0106) and hundreds of xrun messages

Tue Feb 7 13:19:01 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 14:18 -0600, David Slimp wrote:
> For the last few weeks I'd been playing with CCRMA and apps using the
> built-in intel soundcard.  I decided to take advantage of my SL Live card,
> but am getting hundreds of xrun messages.  Even trying to start jackd
> from a pure command line login.
>

> # cat /proc/asound/cards
> 0 [CA0106         ]: CA0106 - CA0106
>                      Live! 7.1 24bit [SB0410] at 0xb800 irq 22

Hmmm, I don't know this particular "model" of the soundblaster. Beware
that not all soundblasters are created equal, some are pretty bad, maybe
this is one of them (I guess you could look up threads in the linux
audio users mailing list, there have been quite a few).

What parameters are you using to start jack?

You could try changing the buffer size and number of periods (for
example try with 512 instead of 1024). Another test you could do is to
just use jackd as playback only instead of full duplex (just to test).

-- Fernando