[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRMA is ruining my life (or at leastmymachine)

Mon Feb 6 15:59:02 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 18:19 -0500, Don Levey wrote:
> planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU wrote:

> >> Unfortunately, Dag doesn't seem to have the MP3/DVD applications
> >> that I'm using, and the US-based Fedora Core repositories (well, any
> >> official Fedora repository) won't have them either due to patents,
> >> DMCA, and other considerations.  So Livna is it, and is
> >> well-recommended by the Fedora User's list (on which both Red Hat
> >> and the Fedora team have a heavy presence).
> >
> > Do you have a list of exactly which conflicts you are hitting?
> >
> > It of course may be possible to uninstall just the conflicting apps in
> > Planet CCRMA.
> >
> > I shoud probably see what is conflicting in livna but I currently
> > don't have a second of free time.
> >
> > Sorry for the problems.....
> >
> Well, it's the ffmpeg itself, as far as I can tell.  It contains:
> 	libavcodec.so.51
> 	libpostproc.so.51.0.0
> Which give me errors when trying to update (at the moment) xine-lib and
> transcode.  I've removed things for the moment; when I've got more time to
> play with audio I'll try again.

If you get a chance the output from the apt-get command you are trying o
use would help me figure things out. "libpostproc.so" is part (in my
case) of the libpostproc package - is it part of ffmpeg in your case?

I mean, if I'm understanding correclty the conflict is some other ffmpeg
overriding Planet CCRMA's one when you are trying to install xine-lib
and transcode?

-- Fernando