[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRMA is ruining my life (or at leastmymachine)

Don Levey planetccrma@the-leveys.us
Mon Feb 6 15:21:01 2006

planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 15:57 -0500, Don Levey wrote:
>> planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU wrote:
>>> Indeed. See D1 and D2 here:
>>>
>>> http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#D1
>>>
>> Unfortunately, Dag doesn't seem to have the MP3/DVD applications
>> that I'm using, and the US-based Fedora Core repositories (well, any
>> official Fedora repository) won't have them either due to patents,
>> DMCA, and other considerations.  So Livna is it, and is
>> well-recommended by the Fedora User's list (on which both Red Hat
>> and the Fedora team have a heavy presence).
>
> Do you have a list of exactly which conflicts you are hitting?
>
> It of course may be possible to uninstall just the conflicting apps in
> Planet CCRMA.
>
> I shoud probably see what is conflicting in livna but I currently
> don't have a second of free time.
>
> Sorry for the problems.....
> -- Fernando

Well, it's the ffmpeg itself, as far as I can tell.  It contains:
	libavcodec.so.51
	libpostproc.so.51.0.0
Which give me errors when trying to update (at the moment) xine-lib and
transcode.  I've removed things for the moment; when I've got more time to
play with audio I'll try again.
 -Don