[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRMA is ruining my life (or at least my machine)

Don Levey planetccrma@the-leveys.us
Mon Feb 6 10:46:02 2006

Well, not *ruining* exactly, but differing versions of libraries are making
installation and use of non-CCRMA applications a dependency hell (Fedora
Core 4).  In particular, I am having problems with:
	libavcodec.so.51
	libpostproc.so.51.0.0
being needed by such things as transcode and xine-lib.  Before I installed
PlanetCCRMA, everything just seemed to work and play well with each other,
but now it seems differing library versions are mutually exclusive.  Is
there any hope that the ffmpeg package will be reconciled with other more
widely-accepted packages (I'm using the one from Livna)?

 -Don