[PlanetCCRMA] On the Necessity of Being Root

Brian Good cb4cusa@hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 13:20:03 2006

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a year now, but I've been too busy to do more than
dabble.  I understand the
argument for doing your audio work as root, but if the net is your textbook
the inhibition about net
surfing as root impedes study and switching  back and forth between virtual
terminals is just too
cumbersome so I wish this stuff could be made to run by mere mortal users.

Thank you, Fernando, for all your fine work.  And thanks to the other board
gurus for their generous advice, which has benefited me second hand many
times.