[PlanetCCRMA] how to rebuild ccrma for x86_64?

Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale Arnaud.Gomes@ircam.fr
Fri Feb 3 01:45:02 2006

Joakim Verona <joakim@verona.se> writes:

> I understand that this would be a lot of work, but how would one
> start?
>
> I tried rebuilding some packages, and I mainly fail because its
> inconvenient to sort out all dependencies.
>
> Is there a build script or something that verifies you have all
> dependencies, and the builds everything in the correct order? Or how
> would one do it?

Mainly by trial and error, I guess. You can start with the script I
used for rebuilding the planet on RHEL4; I made it available at
<http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/planetccrma/build/build-el4.sh>. Some
stuff in there is EL4-specific, mainly the prerequisite, but it should
be easy to adapt to any RH-like distro.

Disclaimer: it works for me, it was never intended to use anywhere but
on my build system. DON'T use it on a production system, as it will
install or uninstall some packages on the build host, including the
kernel.

--
Arnaud