[PlanetCCRMA] should I switch to Fedora Core 4? need opinions...

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Thu Feb 2 08:21:01 2006

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:15:39 +0200
Kai Krapu <kkrapu@gmail.com> wrote:

> So to the real issue... for audio work FC3/Planet CCRMA does a great job,
> but for desktop use can be no match for Ubuntu.

I've never used Ubuntu, so I don't know why it's superior to FC3 for
desktop use, but I can't imagine that you couldn't set up a desktop
under FC to behave like an Ubuntu installation.

I'm an oddball when it comes to desktops - I like them lean, and always
replace the standard Gnome desktop with Fluxbox on my machines.  One of
the joys of Linux is the ability to change such behavior.  Might this
be an option for you?