[PlanetCCRMA] Syncronizing Ardour and Hydrogen

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Aug 29 01:16:01 2006

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 11:59:44 -0400, Roy Vestal wrote:
> I've been playing with Ardour the last few weeks, and I really like it!
> I want to try and stay OSS for my musical work. I've just started
> playing with Hydrogen and I'm really impressed! Very powerful soft drum
> machine for OSS. As good if not better than any of the commercial
> products I've used.
>
> With that said, I'm trying to figure out how to syncronize them. I've
> figured out how to use JACK from within Ardour to connect and get
> Hydrogen as an input(s), but how do get them to sync-start on the rec
> button in Ardour?

The feature you're looking for is called "jack transport" I /think/ they
both support it (I know ardour does), but I don't remember how to enable
it in either of them, it's probably a preference. Try digging around in
the menus.

- Steve