[PlanetCCRMA] Re: planetccrma FC5 recompiling kernel problem

Martin Dupras martin.dupras@uwe.ac.uk
Sun Aug 20 15:38:01 2006

Many, many thanks. It is much clearer now. I would suggest putting that
explanation somwhere on the planetccrma website, I'm sure it will be
very helpful to someone sometime.

It looks like it's probably not really worth it trying to get
ndiswrapper to work at this stage, especially seeing as I seem to have
an otherwise relatively stable system.

All I really care about is being able to use my laptop for performance.
For that I really do need wireless. Would it be advisable to get some
usb or pcmcia or pc express or express/34 wifi card, and can anyone
recommend one that is likely to play nice with planetccrma?

I know there's an Intel driver for my particular built-in wifi card
(w3945abg), but it needs compiling against the kernel sources, which
brings me back to problem number one.

Many thanks for all the help!

- martin