[PlanetCCRMA] planetccrma FC5 recompiling kernel problem

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Sun Aug 20 09:25:02 2006

On Sunday 20 August 2006 18:07, Martin Dupras wrote:
> Am I missing something obivous? I want to re-compile my kernel.
>
> I have
> kernel-smp-2.6.16-1.2080.16.rrt.rhfc5.ccrma
> and
> kernel-smp-devel-2.6.16-1.2080.16.rrt.rhfc5.ccrma
>
> installed.
>
> As I understand it, that should give me the kernel and the sources for the
> kernel, which reside in /usr/src/kernels/2.6.16-
> 1.2080.16.rrt.rhfc5.ccrma-smp-i686.
>
> I change to that directory. Backup '.config'.  Invoke 'make xconfig',
> choose my options, save the new .config file.
>
> Invoke 'make mrproper', which aborts with errors to do with infiniband. I
> don't understand why this is happening. I disabled infiniband in the
> configuration step, should that not be enough?
>
> - martin

Martin. I think if you want to re-compile the kernel you will need the
sources. http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/srpms/

This is for the website. Not for DL via Yum, which isn't available. "srpms"
may be in capitals, I havn't made it very clear in my book.

Nigel.