[PlanetCCRMA] planetccrma FC5 recompiling kernel problem

Martin Dupras martindupras@gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 10:04:01 2006

------=_Part_44218_9082357.1156093420503

Ok, I installed the src.rpm package, and now I'm none the wiser. If
anything, just utterly confused.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now.

I spent the day reading (confusing and sometimes contradictory) howtos on
recompiling the kernel.

>From what I understood from all these is that I have to go in the kernel
source directory (in my case that should be /usr/src/kernels/2.6.16-
1.2080.16.rrt.rhfc5.ccrma-smp-i686; invoke make xconfig, do make mrproper
and then make bzImage.

Unless I am grossly mistaken, the problem does not seem to be that I don't
have the sources installed, but that somehow make mrproper tries to build
infiniband, which I disabled in the config and do not want anyway.

- martin