[PlanetCCRMA] help with planetccrma FC5 install

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Sat Aug 12 11:05:01 2006

On Saturday 12 August 2006 18:25, Martin Dupras wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I do have the latest yum from the planetccrma repository, and as far as I
> can tell I do have the proper kernel sources, i.e. they show up in
> /usr/src/kernels. Or am I missing something?

If you installed the kernel-devel package for the latest planetccrma kernel
you should be ok.

> Would it be worth removing all the kernels and kernels sources manually
> (with rpm, perhaps) then regetting the latest planetccrma kernel and
> sources? Or is there a chance that may break something?

I wouldn't go removing anything, and reinstalling. I've never had to deal with
Nvidia drivers, but you should have all you need there. Perhaps Fernando will
be around later on, and with his years of experience will be able to guide
you into getting the Nvidia drivers working with the ccrma kernel.

> Thanks.
>
> - martin

Apologies for not being able to help any further.

Nigel.