[PlanetCCRMA] MuSE MIDI

Richard Gibson fluffy.gibson@gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 07:19:02 2006

------=_Part_83818_27425517.1155305873529

Hi Luis

Thanks for the info. I'd never come across the controllers editor! Could you
point me in the direction of parameter automation in Ardour at all?
I had tried to use Ardour but the dark black theme that it has keeps making
me think I'm working in a coal mine. I'll give it a go all the same, and
will delight when they release the GTK GUI updates to the system.

Many thanks again
Rich

On 11/08/06, Luis Garrido <luisgarrido@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 8/11/06, Richard Gibson <fluffy.gibson@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  Can anyone shed any light on the MIDI control capability of MuSE? If
> MuSE
> > is not capable of this, do you know any other CCRMA apps that are?
> >

> It seems that what you need is parameter automation. The only app I
> know of that supports it is ardour, but ardour does not support MIDI
> (yet.)
>
> In MuSE or Rosegarden you can indeed automate MIDI *controllers* (i.e.
> pan, pitch bend, channel volume...) Read the fine manual:
>

> http://www.muse-sequencer.org/wiki/index.php/Window_Reference_Guide#The_Pianoroll_Editor
>
> But you cannot automate (yet) things like, for instance, the clipping
> level of a distortion LADSPA effect. For this you could route MuSE's
> audio output to ardour and keep them in sync via jack transport, but
> this means you have to split your project in two: the MuSE part and
> the ardour part. It is a bit awkward to set up but it should work.
>
> AFAIK both MuSE and Rosegarden have plans to incorporate plugin
> parameter automation and ardour has plans to allow MIDI tracks but
> this is not going to happen anytime soon (or is it?)
>
> HTH,
>
> Luis

------=_Part_83818_27425517.1155305873529

Hi Luis<br>
Thanks for the info. I'd never come across the controllers editor!
Could you point me in the direction of parameter automation in Ardour
at all?<br>
I had tried to use Ardour but the dark black theme that it has keeps
making me think I'm working in a coal mine. I'll give it a go all the
same, and will delight when they release the GTK GUI updates to the
system. <br>
Many thanks again<br>

------=_Part_83818_27425517.1155305873529--