[PlanetCCRMA] nvidia drivers

Tue Apr 18 17:37:02 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 17:11 -0700, Brad Fuller wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > > I need to install the source for 2.6.12-0.21.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma and I
> > > don't see the source nor the devel packages using yum. I see lots of
> > > alsa modules! But no devel nor source. Why would that be? And, how can
> > > I get them?
> > > What could I be doing wrong?
> > >

> > Nothing, that kernel predates the time when -devel packages started to
> > be built. For that kernel the kernel headers should be
> > in /lib/modules/`unamne -r`/build/, perhaps the nvidia drivers can be
> > convinced to look there. Otherwise you have to manually download the
> > source rpm (.src.rpm) for that kernel and build a patched source tree -
> > instructions for that are available in the fc4 release notes...
> >
> Thanks, but I'm not doing anything with nvidia -- I just hijacked this
> thread because it was relevant!
>
> I'm running fc3
>
> I already looked in that dir and the headers were in there, but that's
> all that's there. I needed the source.
>
> But.... Before I sent this msg, I manually downloaded the src rpm and
> installed but still I don't see any source in that directory. I
> couldn't find another directory that the rpm  would have installed to.
> Do you know where can I look?

A .src.rpm... long story... you need to do part of the build process for
packages to get a complete tree (hint, you get stuff unpacked
in /usr/src/redhat/*).

See this:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en.html

and follow instructions in the "kernel" section of the packages.
-- Fernando