[PlanetCCRMA] nvidia drivers

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Tue Apr 18 17:13:02 2006

<head>
</head>
Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 15:35 -0700, Brad Fuller wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 11:48 -0700, menno wrote:
      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">Hello
i've come to the point where the nvidiadrivers can be installed.( kernel =
2.6.14-0.10.rrt.rhfc4.ccrmasmp.)
When searching in this forum i found the same question. I understand i need
the source of this kernel

        </pre>
          <pre wrap="">Hi Joe. The URL to be added to /etc/apt/sources.list  is.
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/">http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/</a>
          </pre>
        <pre wrap="">so i entered this URL in /etc/apt/sources.list and ran Synaptic. There was
an error:

Type '<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/">http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/</a>' is not
known in on line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list

How should i proceed? My goal is to get twinview running.
        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">First thing to try is to install the kernel-devel package that matches
the kernel you have installed, that would be:

  apt-get install kernel-smp-devel#2.6.14-0.10.rrt.rhfc4.ccrma

That should be enough for the Nvidia installer. But I'm not sure how
well those drivers work with the realtime preemption enabled kernels.

      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I need to install the source for 2.6.12-0.21.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma and I
don't see the source nor the devel packages using yum. I see lots of
alsa modules! But no devel nor source. Why would that be? And, how can
I get them?
What could I be doing wrong?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Nothing, that kernel predates the time when -devel packages started to
be built. For that kernel the kernel headers should be
in /lib/modules/`unamne -r`/build/, perhaps the nvidia drivers can be
convinced to look there. Otherwise you have to manually download the
source rpm (.src.rpm) for that kernel and build a patched source tree -
instructions for that are available in the fc4 release notes...
  </pre>
Thanks, but I'm not doing anything with nvidia -- I just hijacked this
thread because it was relevant!<br>
I'm running fc3<br>
I already looked in that dir and the headers were in there, but that's
all that's there. I needed the source.<br>
But.... Before I sent this msg, I manually downloaded the src rpm and
installed but still I don't see any source in that directory. I
couldn't find another directory that the rpm&nbsp; would have installed to.
Do you know where can I look?<br>