[PlanetCCRMA] SCSI disk too slow?

Peter Baumgartner peter@bssmusic.de
Thu Apr 6 04:50:02 2006

Hi @ all,
I had to reinstall my FC4/CCRMA because of sillyness (tried to trash a
bunch of files and had an overflow - disk full 100%), which I was not
able to recover.
Now i get messages that my harddisk is not able to keep up with ardour,
which is stopping consequently, although there are only 18 tracks used -
the "old" FC4 Installatiuon played up to 48 tracks without any problems..
The system is a Compaq EVO 6000 (dual-Xeon 2,2G) with AIC 7892P
Controler (=160M) and two 36G Cheetahs and HDSP 9652.
The effect is NOT showing up when playing the same 41,1k files with
jackd set to 48 kHz, what makes me suspicious it might be an ALSA
problem?? Any ideas??
PS: The system is installed from the DVD and upgraded/dist-upgraded

Peter