[PlanetCCRMA] FC3 PlanetCCRMA@home, kernel and ALSA

Thu Sep 22 16:41:01 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 08:17 +0200, Michele Spinolo wrote:
> I think (someone will correct me if I am wrong) the last FC3 PlanetCCRMA
> available is 2.6.10.3 based on 1.0.9 Alsa drivers.
> Kernel 2.6.13 and ALSA drivers 1.0.10 are on the way: time to upgrade?:-)

Yeah, time to upgrade but no time to upgrade :-(
[although the official alsa 1.0.10rc1 has problems - envy24control was
one of them - so I had to "retire" it from fc4 edge]

I'm swamped with work, classes are starting here at Stanford next week,
we are in the process of moving to our newly renovated building _and_ I
have to build a bunch of new computers that are hopelessly behind
schedule :-)

An upgrade to 2.6.13 on fc3 also needs a bunch of updates to userland
tools otherwise I think you'll get problems with module loading or
recognition for some hardware configurations. At some point Frank
(Pirrone?) sent me a list of what he had to upgrade.

-- Fernando