[PlanetCCRMA] Tom -> Concert drum

Henk Jansen drumkid@gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 09:50:02 2005

For a special song I need the standing tom of my acoustic drum kit sound
as a concert tom. Each tom has a mice and all mices go into an analog
mixer. I've all the Planet software (FC4) installed on my laptop (alsa
and jack are working). I own an RME Multiface that has an MIDI I/O
interface. I've been reading the Rosegarden manual but since I'm pretty
new to computer sound I'm not sure which way is the best to go in order
to achieve the desired effect? Do I really need to by tom->MIDI triggers
for my tom(s) (as the people from the drums shop are telling me) or will
the Multiface take care of that through the normal microphones  and MIDI
conversion?

Some advice is highly appreciated. Thanks,

--Henk
--
Henk Jansen <drumkid@gmail.com>